Tuesday 27 August 2013

Autumn Awaits: My Autumn Wardrobe Wants

So the summer is coming to an end and I'm heading home from Cannes relatively soon, and I really don't know what to expect of the weather! I've also reached the point that I'm a bit bored of summer clothes and my summer wardrobe - it's too late in the summer now to buy more clothes so I'm thinking of the next season. I don't want to wish the summer away but can't wait to snuggle up in warm clothes!


New Look navy skater skirt
I don't own many skirts... I think because at Uni I live in jeans and leggings because they're easy and practical, especially as I cycle on to campus most days and my bike's frame is not suited to skirts! Too high!
However, I saw this navy skater skirt and think it's just so cute. With black or skin coloured tights and a white blouse of some form, I think it would be a great outfit! Especially as living in Cannes for the past year has smartened up my dress code - no more jeans, Uggs and a hoody!

New Look Brown Ankle Boots with buckles
I've been searching for a pair of ankle boots for a while now, but just haven't found any that I love. I have an idea in my head about a pair of black ones, and need to find them. I have found these brown heeled ankle boots though and think I may have to get them when I return to the UK. They're fun and a bit different, but would dress really well with a pair of skinny jeans for smart-casual. Not sure how you can wear socks with them though... tights?!


Nasty Gal Black Peplum Dress

I also think my 'going out' clothes need a bit of a kick... Cannes is so smart and I think our Wednesday night out at Rock City, aptly named Crisis, would be a crisis indeed. I'm far happier to get dressed up and go for a cocktail or two instead of partying with 'children' who have just turned 18! This black Nasty Gal dress is really cute, if a little smart for Notts and I'm not sure how much movement you would have for your arms!

I'm also on the lookout for a new coat - mine is old and a bit too big for me now but I do love it. I think black is a bit boring for coats, so will keep my eye out for a grey or navy one! My shopping for the past year in Cannes has been slightly limited to just Zara, even though they often have loads of fun stuff I don't think I'm quite quirky enough for all of it!

Note to self... Stop fawning over handbags and try to stay off Asos!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!