Saturday 7 September 2013

Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Cupcakes

So finally, I have met my birthday present. The gorgeous raspberry ice KitchenAid. So, my favourite things to bake are cupcakes, so they had to be the first thing I made.
Firstly... Oh. My. Gosh. I love it... so easy to mix things up and far quicker than the handheld electric whisk I would normally use.
Raspberry Ice KitchenAid Pink
It's so shiny and pink!
Chocolate, cinnamon and peanut butter cupcakes

So I took a bit of a twist on the chocolate cupcakes by the The Hummingbird Bakery. I love their recipe books, still need to get my hands on the most recent one, Home Sweet Home, now that I am back in the country at last.
Chocolate Cupcake recipe and pink baking utensils
Some of my tools
Chocolate and cinnamon cupcakes
Obviously writing out their recipe would be a bit naughty, so I'll just say I added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the mix. This can be adjusted to taste, I would have put more in but didn't have anyone around to taste test and know that as I love this spice I can often be a bit heavy handed with it! I assume the same would work for any standard chocolate cupcake recipe.
Baking with a KitchenAid
Ready to mix the cake batter
Cinnamon and peanut butter frosting
I mixed up the normal recipe that I would use for vanilla icing and tasted as I went along.
100g unsalted butter
60g peanut butter
500g icing sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (again, add a little more to taste)
60ml semi-skimmed milk (add another splash if it's still a bit too thick)
Cream the butter, peanut butter, icing sugar and cinnamon. Carefully add in the icing sugar, I choose to do it bit by bit as otherwise I get a biiiiiig icing sugar cloud. Slowly add the milk, and keep on mixing until it's light and fluffy.
Chocolate and peanut butter cinnamon cupcakes
The finished product
Frosting with an icing bag
With a sprinkling of glitter
Pipe your icing beautifully on to your cakes. Mine got a bit messy as I was a bit heavy handed when spooning the cake mix in to the cases, so I made slightly fewer cupcakes than normal but they rose in a rather mountainous fashion!
Piped cupcake frosting
Closeup
Scoff.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!