Sunday 24 August 2014

Egg Fried 'Rice' (Don't tell anybody it's cauliflower!)

So, I decided that the time had come to try out cauliflower rice. I am so glad I decided that it was the time, because I'm going to make this more often. All the flavours of a Chinese takeaway, but none of the shame in wanting to have it all the time! Also, it really doesn't taste like cauliflower, so don't let that put you off.
Prawn egg fried cauliflower rice

I followed this recipe from The Londoner and only made slight changes in that I used more cauliflower for three of us, added an extra egg, probably used more prawns and more spring onions too (I mean, where's the fun in following the recipe so exactly when it's not quite the chemistry of baking?!). Plus, I used chilli infused olive oil as I didn't want to spend £6 on coconut oil - once I start making this regularly maybe I will change my mind, but for now it's all ok.

Cauliflower & chilli frying in sesame and chilli oil
Added prawns, spring onions & soy sauce
In goes the egg
Top with chopped peanuts, coriander and sweet chilli sauce
Just enjoy the pictures, and give it a go yourself!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!