Tuesday 27 January 2015

Healthy Eating: Spinach & Avocado Breakfast Smoothie

Everyone has a day when they want a health kick... and I'm at that stage just now. I've been eating too much cake and sugar, so feel I should cut back a bit. The summer's coming soon isn't it?!! So, step one is a less sugary breakfast which will keep me going for the morning. I'm really bad at stopping myself from mid-morning snacks because I gt pretty hungry by 10am. So this is one of my attempts to last the morning and get some of my five a day all in one go. Whether it's actually healthy or not I don't know..!

  • 1 small banana
  • Half an avocado
  • 1 large handful of spinach
  • 2 tbsps porridge oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • A squeeze of honey to taste if you fancy
Chop up the banana, avocado, spinach and throw in your food processor with the oats and a little almond milk. Turn it on and blitz it all up - nobody likes stringy bits of spinach in their smoothie...
Once this has blended, pour in the rest of the milk and add honey if you wish. Make sure it is all mixed in, then pour in to a glass and drink!

*Whether this is actually as amazingly healthy as I think it is is beyond me... but it's better than sugary cereal or nutella on toast surely?!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!